US aircraft must purchase an Overflight Permit anytime they transition through Cuban airspace. We can provide you with this permit. The permit number should be included in the Remarks section of your ICAO flight plan. An Overflight Permit can be one-way or round-trip, so for a trip that will involve transitioning through Cuban airspace in both directions, be sure to either purchase two one-way permits or a round-trip permit. 

For fastest service in requesting an overflight permit, please e-mail us your aircraft information including max gross takeoff weight, requested date and city pair, to:  Or you can call us at 1-844-JET-CUBA if you h ave any questions about the process. We can normally provide overflight permits within 2 hours during the working week.